- Surrey’s players are some of the best in the world, and 11 players in the current squad have all played for their countries: Jason Roy, Aaron Finch, Kumar Sangakkara, Kevin Pietersen, Moises Henriques, Tom Curran, Scott Borthwick, Stuart Meaker, Gareth Batty, Ravi Rampaul and Jade Dernbach.
- The Kia Oval was the first ground to host Test cricket in England – all the way back in 1880.
- The first ever FA Cup Final was held at The Oval in 1872 – Wanderers beat Royal Engineers 1-0.
- The Ashes – England v Australia – is cricket’s biggest rivalry and the first ever Ashes match was held at The Oval in 1882.
- England’s famous 2005 Ashes victory also took place at The Oval.
- The world’s first T20 tournament was in 2003, and Surrey won it!
- The ground was intended to be used as a prisoner of war camp in World War 2 to hold enemy parachutists, but since they never came The Oval was never actually used for this purpose.
- Tom Curran (22) and Sam Curran (19) are two brothers that play for Surrey and are two of the most exciting young talents in world cricket.
- Every great cricketer in the world has played at the Kia Oval including Sir Don Bradman, Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara, Wasim Akram, Jacques Kallis, Rocky Ponting, Mattiah Muralitharan, Virat Kohli… and the list goes on!
- England’s heir to the throne, the Duchy of Cornwall (also the Prince of Wales), owns the ground on which the Kia Oval is on, and Surrey County Cricket Club lease the ground from him.
To learn more about the Surrey County Cricket Club squad, click here.
To read the latest news about Surrey County Cricket Club, click here.
To learn more about Surrey County Cricket Club’s 2017 fixtures, click here.
Surrey also have two Women’s teams – Surrey Women and Surrey Stars. Surrey Stars compete in the Kia Super League, a T20 competition that began in 2016.