Pride of Lions coaching courses: Inspiring a new generation of cricketers.
The Surrey Cricket Foundation offers coaching throughout the year for children in Reception to Year 11 at multiple locations across Surrey and South London with the aim of inspiring a lifelong passion for the game. Focusing on core skills and game based situations, each course will teach your child something new.
Our core programme takes place from October to March across 7 venues ensuring that wherever you are based, there will be a Pride of Lions course local to you. In addition to this, we run holiday courses during Easter, May half-term and the summer school holidays. We also run courses on the famous Kia Oval outfield to give your child an experience they will never forget.
The courses also form part of Surrey County Cricket Club’s Performance Pathway with the most talented children being identified to move across into Performance courses and in some cases County Age Group cricket. We have a number of graduates from the programme who now play for Surrey such as Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Ryan Patel and Arun Harinath. So who knows? Your son or daughter could go on to play for Surrey as a result of attending a Pride of Lions course.
• Summer – The four-day summer camps, held in Guildford and Wallington for Year 2 to Year 9, are a great way to extend the fun of the cricket season and have a great time with friends, new and old! Over the four days, our expert coaches cover all areas of the game and include plenty of game time opportunities. If your son or daughter loves cricket, this is the course for them! NEW: Book a spot on a four-day summer camp by 25th July and receive four free tickets to the Family Zone at Surrey’s Vitality Blast game against Glamorgan on Tuesday 31st July! T&Cs* apply.
• Hallowed Turf – For children in Reception to Year 6, this is an exciting chance for your cricket mad son or daughter to play on the famous Kia Oval outfield and follow in the footsteps of many Surrey and England legends. Starting from just £15 for the younger age groups, this is an experience to remember for both parents and players!
• Train Like the Pros – Young cricketers in Year 7 to Year 11 can ‘Train Like the Pros’ for a day at the Kia Oval which includes a welcome in the Long Room before a range of sessions throughout the day to cover technical, tactical and mental sessions that help each player recognise and develop their own game. This will be a day to remember for your son of daughter as they experience some of the training sessions the professionals undertake before game days.
• 10-week Pre-Christmas – From October 2018, we are running 10-week courses for children in Reception to Year 11. The courses are the perfect opportunity for your child to work on their skills over winter, with the challenging but fun 10 weeks focused on improving all areas of the game from batting, bowling and fielding to match practice. The courses form part of the Surrey County Cricket Club performance pathway in which talented players are identified and fed into various performance programmes. In addition to this, each player receives a written report at the end of the course.
• 10-week Post-Christmas – From January 2019, the 10-week courses go again into the New Year. Including the same good content, such as great player to coach ratios, end of course reports and talent ID for Surrey CCC, the course will allow your child to continuously work on their skills and technique to ensure they never miss a beat come the start of the 2019 season!
If you would like more information about the courses please contact Katie Baker by email or on 0207 820 4190.
*Four-day Summer camp ticket offer: No additional purchase on website necessary. We will contact you after the booking to supply you with the tickets. The tickets will be in the Family Zone at the Kia Oval. You will need to accompany an U16. Tickets cannot be transferred. Ends 23:59 25/07/18.