Pride of Lions coaching courses: Inspiring a new generation of cricketers!
The Surrey Cricket Foundation offers coaching throughout the year for boys and girls in Reception to Year 11 at multiple locations across Surrey and South London with the aim of inspiring a lifelong passion for the game. Focusing on developing a range of core cricketing skills in a fun, challenging and exciting environment, each course will help your child to develop their game, whether a beginner or seasoned player.
Our core programme takes place from September to March across 8 venues ensuring that wherever you are based, there will be a Pride of Lions course local to you. In addition to this, we run holiday courses during Easter, May half-term and the summer school holidays. We also run courses on the famous Kia Oval outfield to give your child an experience they will never forget.
The courses also form part of Surrey County Cricket Club’s Performance Pathway with the most talented children being identified to move across into Performance courses and in some cases County Age Group cricket. We have a number of graduates from the programme who now play for Surrey such as Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Ryan Patel and Arun Harinath. So who knows? Your son or daughter could go on to play for Surrey as a result of attending a Pride of Lions course.
Available to book now:
• Easter Courses – Join us as we run a series of skill development sessions for our Year 2&3 cricketers, whilst the Year 4-9s have the opportunity to hone their batting and bowling skills with our Guildford based Masterclasses. These courses will be a great way to get prepared for the 2019 Summer!
• Masterclasses at the Kia Oval – Taking place at the iconic Kia Oval our early season Masterclasses are an opportunity for young cricketers to hone their skills in one of the best facilities in the country at the Kia Oval. Batting, bowling and fielding sessions will take place during the half day sessions as we prepare the young aspiring cricketers for their cricket season ahead. We also have a T20 focussed Masterclass taking place at the Kia Oval in September with both the May course aimed at Years 4-9 and the September course aimed at Years 4-11.
• May World Cup Super Stars – Join us as we celebrate the 2019 Cricket World Cup with our World Cup Super Stars half day courses for Years 2-6. The players will start the day with some batting, bowling and fielding drills before they put what they have learned into practice with their own World Cup Competition. The sessions are sure to be exciting, engaging and fun for all involved. Courses available in Guildford and at Dunottar School, Reigate.
• Summer Courses – The summer camps are a great way to extend your cricket season and have a great time with your friends. Over the 4 days the course will cover all areas of the game and will include plenty of game time opportunities during the week as well. If you love cricket this is the course for you and this year we have extended days with the course running from 9am-4.30pm each day! Available for Years 2-9 in Guildford and at Wallington Grammar School.
• Hallowed Turf – This is your son or daughter’s chance to follow in the footsteps of the Surrey and England stars by gracing the Hallowed Turf of the Kia Oval this Summer. The courses will cover a range of skills and games and will be delivered by fully trained and vetted coaches who will deliver an experience to remember. Courses are available for boys and girls in Reception to Year 6 and take place on Saturday 20th July and Sunday 25th August.
If you would like more information about the courses please contact Katie Baker by email or on 0207 820 4190.