Pride of Lions coaching courses: Inspiring a new generation of cricketers!
**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – THURSDAY 19TH MARCH**
Yesterday, we received further guidance from the ECB confirming a suspension of all recreational cricket activity due to the ongoing public health crisis. The full statement can be found here:
As a result of this announcement, the remainder of our Post Christmas Pride of Lions courses will now be cancelled. It is important at this challenging time that we follow the guidelines set out by the government in order to protect public safety.
We will be processing pro-rata refunds for the remaining sessions of the 10 week courses over the following week. Please be patient while this is being processed.
Please see below the status of our Pride of Lions courses for 2020 at of the 18th March:
- Post Christmas 10 Week Courses – Cancelled
- Easter Holidays – Cancelled
- May Half Term – Cancelled
- May Masterclass – Cancelled
- Hallowed Turf – Currently Running
- Summer Camps – Currently Running
Please note the situation is evolving on a daily basis at the moment and further communications about the courses due to take place at Easter and beyond will follow as the picture becomes clearer over the coming days and weeks.
We will publish this notice on our Facebook (@SurreyCricketFoundation) and Twitter (@SurreyCricketFd) and we hope to keep in contact with you all via these means with what we have coming up once we can start to get playing again.
If you have any further questions please email Katie Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pride of Lions Team
The Surrey Cricket Foundation offers coaching throughout the year for boys and girls in Reception to Year 11 at multiple locations across Surrey and South London with the aim of inspiring a lifelong passion for the game. Focusing on developing a range of core cricketing skills in a fun, challenging and exciting environment, each course will help your child to develop their game, whether a beginner or seasoned player.
Our core programme takes place from September to March across 8 venues ensuring that wherever you are based, there will be a Pride of Lions course local to you. In addition to this, we run holiday courses during Easter, May half-term and the summer school holidays. We also run courses on the famous Kia Oval outfield to give your child an experience they will never forget.
The courses also form part of Surrey County Cricket Club’s Performance Pathway with the most talented children being identified to move across into Performance courses and in some cases County Age Group cricket. We have a number of graduates from the programme who now play for Surrey such as Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Ryan Patel and Arun Harinath. So who knows? Your son or daughter could go on to play for Surrey as a result of attending a Pride of Lions course.
Available to book now:
• Summer Courses – The summer camps are a great way to extend your cricket season and have a great time with your friends. Over the 4 days the course will cover all areas of the game and will include plenty of game time opportunities during the week as. If you love cricket this is the course for you and this year we have extended days with the course running from 9am-4.30pm each day! We have courses running in Guildford and Wallington for boys and girls in Years 2-9.
• Hallowed Turf – This is your son or daughter’s chance to follow in the footsteps of the Surrey and England stars by gracing the Hallowed Turf of the Kia Oval this Summer. The iconic Kia Oval will be hosting the first ever game in ‘The Hundred’ later this summer as well as hosting the West Indies and Ireland in Test and ODI cricket and in May and August we are welcoming boys and girls to have their chance to play on the same field. The courses will cover a range of skills and games and will be delivered by fully trained and vetted coaches who will deliver an experience to remember! Courses are available for boys and girls in Reception to Year 6 including a girls only course. Please note in the event of wet weather the course will take place in the Ken Barrington Cricket Centre at the Kia Oval.
If you would like more information about the courses please contact Katie Baker by email or on 0207 820 4190.