Pride of Lions coaching courses: Inspiring a new generation of cricketers!
The Surrey Cricket Foundation offers coaching throughout the year for boys and girls in Reception to Year 11 at multiple locations across Surrey and South London with the aim of inspiring a lifelong passion for the game. Focusing on developing a range of core cricketing skills in a fun, challenging and exciting environment, each course will help your child to develop their game, whether a beginner or seasoned player.
Our core programme takes place from September to March across 8 venues ensuring that wherever you are based, there will be a Pride of Lions course local to you. In addition to this, we run holiday courses during Easter, May half-term and the summer school holidays. We also run courses on the famous Kia Oval outfield to give your child an experience they will never forget.
The courses also form part of Surrey County Cricket Club’s Performance Pathway with the most talented children being identified to move across into Performance courses and in some cases County Age Group cricket. We have a number of graduates from the programme who now play for Surrey such as Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Ryan Patel and Arun Harinath. So who knows? Your son or daughter could go on to play for Surrey as a result of attending a Pride of Lions course.
Available to book now:
• February Half Term Masterclasses – Our popular Masterclasses will give batters and bowlers the chance to develop some specialist skills this February half term. Courses are available for boys and girls in Years 4-9 and there will be sessions on batting against spin and batting against pace as well as some bowling sessions for both spin and pace bowlers. Early booking is recommended as these courses have sold out well before half term in the past two years.
• Easter Courses – Our Easter courses will see coaching available for boys and girls in Years 2-9 at the fantastic indoor cricket centre in Guildford. With batting and bowling masterclasses on offer for those in Years 4-9 and Skill Development sessions on offer for Years 2&3 they are a great chance to hone skills before heading outside after the Easter holidays.
• May Half Term – Our half day May half term camps are a great way to keep your aspiring young cricketers active during their time off school whilst developing their cricketing skills at the same time. The course will cover batting, bowling, fielding and game based activities with a focus on developing and practising skills that can be put into action back at their clubs during the remainder of the season. Available in Guildford and Reigate for boys and girls in Years 2-11.
• Summer Courses – The summer camps are a great way to extend your cricket season and have a great time with your friends. Over the 4 days the course will cover all areas of the game and will include plenty of game time opportunities during the week as. If you love cricket this is the course for you and this year we have extended days with the course running from 9am-4.30pm each day! We have courses running in Guildford and Wallington for boys and girls in Years 2-9.
• Hallowed Turf – This is your son or daughter’s chance to follow in the footsteps of the Surrey and England stars by gracing the Hallowed Turf of the Kia Oval this Summer. The iconic Kia Oval will be hosting the first ever game in ‘The Hundred’ later this summer as well as hosting the West Indies and Ireland in Test and ODI cricket and in May and August we are welcoming boys and girls to have their chance to play on the same field. The courses will cover a range of skills and games and will be delivered by fully trained and vetted coaches who will deliver an experience to remember! Courses are available for boys and girls in Reception to Year 6 including a girls only course. Please note in the event of wet weather the course will take place in the Ken Barrington Cricket Centre at the Kia Oval.
If you would like more information about the courses please contact Katie Baker by email or on 0207 820 4190.