Pride of Lions coaching courses: Inspiring a new generation of cricketers!
**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – FRIDAY 8TH JANUARY 2021**
Following the announcement of a national lockdown by the government on Monday, our post-Christmas courses are now suspended until the week commencing Monday 22nd February. We will contact all bookers in the coming weeks once we know when we will be able to start the programme.
In the meantime our Easter courses taking place at Surrey Cricket Centre in Guildford are now available to be booked. These 2-hour courses are open to boys and girls in the years 2-9 and focus on skill development with sessions being run separately for batting and bowling.
As part of our commitment to ensuring the safety of players, parents and coaches we have made a number of adaptations to our programme which will stay in place when our coaching resumes and these include:
- Smaller group sizes
- Target coaching ratios of 1:5
- Shorter session times (reduced by 15 minutes) to enable safe drop off and pick up
- Adapted sessions to help manage social distancing and kit sharing where possible
- New sanitisation protocols in line with ECB & government guidance
If you have any further questions please email Dan Brimson on email@example.com.
Pride of Lions Team
The Surrey Cricket Foundation offers coaching throughout the year for boys and girls in Reception to Year 11 at multiple locations across Surrey and South London with the aim of inspiring a lifelong passion for the game. Focusing on developing a range of core cricketing skills in a fun, challenging and exciting environment, each course will help your child to develop their game, whether a beginner or seasoned player.
Our core programme takes place from September to March across 8 venues ensuring that wherever you are based, there will be a Pride of Lions course local to you. In addition to this, we run holiday courses during Easter, May half-term and the summer school holidays. We also run courses on the famous Kia Oval outfield to give your child an experience they will never forget.
The courses form part of Surrey County Cricket Club’s Performance Pathway with the most talented children being identified to move across into Performance courses and in some cases County Age Group cricket. We have a number of graduates from the programme who now play for Surrey such as Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Ryan Patel and Arun Harinath. So who knows? Your son or daughter could go on to play for Surrey as a result of attending a Pride of Lions course.
Available to book now:
• Easter Holiday Courses – These 2-hour courses are open to boys and girls in the years 2-9 and are held at Surrey Cricket Centre in Guildford. With separate sessions available which focus on either batting or bowling, players will have the chance to develop core skills with the new season just around the corner. Aimed at all abilities, the sessions combine drills and game-based activities to ensure that players can develop in a fun and challenging environment.
If you would like more information about the courses please contact Dan Brimson by email or on 0207 820 4190.