Pride of Lions coaching courses: Inspiring a new generation of cricketers!
**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – TUESDAY 9th MARCH 2021**
Following the announcement of the coronavirus roadmap by the Prime Minister on 22nd February, we can confirm that our post-Christmas programme has been cancelled.
We liaised with each of our venues with the aim of securing additional dates in April to make up for some of the sessions that have been missed so far this year but unfortunately we were not able to secure sufficient additional dates in order for us to provide effective coaching. We understand that this announcement will be disappointing but we are grateful for your understanding.
We will be processing full refunds by the end of March for all post-Christmas bookings at the eight venues where coaching was scheduled to take place. For clarity, this will include all ten-week courses and pro package bookings. These refunds will be made to the bank details used to complete the original bookings.
Other Pride of Lions Courses
If you remain keen to book your child on another of our coaching courses, please find information below regarding our Easter and May half term sessions. While our Easter courses at Surrey Cricket Centre in Guildford have now sold out, there are places available at a new venue, Bishopsgate School, in Egham. For May half term, we have places available on half day courses taking place in the first week of June at both Surrey Cricket Centre and Bishopsgate School.
As part of our commitment to ensuring the safety of players, parents and coaches we have made a number of adaptations to our programme which will stay in place when our coaching resumes and these include:
- Smaller group sizes
- Target coaching ratios of 1:5
- Shorter session times (reduced by 15 minutes) to enable safe drop off and pick up
- Adapted sessions to help manage social distancing and kit sharing where possible
- New sanitisation protocols in line with ECB & government guidance
If you have any further questions please email Dan Brimson on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pride of Lions Team
The Pride of Lions programme provided by Surrey Cricket Foundation offers coaching throughout the year for boys and girls in reception to year 11 at multiple locations across Surrey and South London with the aim of inspiring a lifelong passion for the game. Focusing on developing a range of core cricketing skills in a fun, challenging and exciting environment, each course will help your child to develop their game, whether they are a beginner or seasoned player.
Our core programme takes place from September to March across 8 venues ensuring that wherever you are based, there will be a Pride of Lions course local to you. In addition to this, we run holiday courses during February half term, Easter, May half-term and the summer school holidays. We also run courses on the famous Kia Oval outfield to give your child an experience they will never forget.
The courses form part of Surrey County Cricket Club’s Performance Pathway with the most talented children being identified to move across into Performance courses and in some cases County Age Group cricket. We have a number of graduates from the programme who now play for Surrey such as Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Ryan Patel and Arun Harinath. So who knows? Your son or daughter could go on to play for Surrey as a result of attending a Pride of Lions course.
Pricing and Further Information
Our programmes are competitively priced with the cost for each of our courses set out below:
- Pre-Christmas 10-Week Programme (September to December): From £75
- Post-Christmas 10-Week Programme (January to March): From £75
- February Half Term: £35 per session
- Easter: £25 per session
- May Half Term: £49 for each half day course
- Summer Holiday Four Day Training Camps: £159 each
- Hallowed Turf Sessions (hosted on the Oval outfield): From £25
To ensure the safety of your child, our reception and year 1 and year 2 & 3 age groups are taught using soft balls. By doing this, players can hit significantly more balls during each session compared to those delivered using hard balls which would take place in nets. Generally, hard balls are introduced to sessions at the year 4, 5 and 6 age group but our coaches will assess the players and those not considered ready will not start training with hard balls. Any children who are not considered ready to participate in hard ball training will continue to take part in all aspects of the sessions (including cricket nets) but will do so with soft balls being used.
Available to book now:
• Easter Holiday Courses – These 2-hour courses are open to boys and girls in the years 2-9 and are held at Surrey Cricket Centre in Guildford and Bishopsgate School in Egham. With separate sessions available which focus on either batting or bowling, players will have the chance to develop core skills with the new season just around the corner. Aimed at all abilities, the sessions combine drills and game-based activities to ensure that players can develop in a fun and challenging environment.
• May Half Term Courses – Taking place at Surrey Cricket Centre in Guildford and Bishopsgate School in Egham, our half day May half term courses are 5-hour sessions available to boys and girls in the years 2 to 11 and are a great way for your child to learn new skills during the break from school. Each course covers batting, bowling, fielding and game-based activities and are open to all abilities, whether your child is new to the game or is an experienced player. With bowling machines available to the two oldest age groups at Surrey Cricket Centre, players in these sessions will be supported to consider how technical and tactical adjustments can improve their execution of certain key skills.
If you would like more information about the courses please contact Dan Brimson by email or on 0207 820 4190.