Pride of Lions coaching courses: Inspiring a new generation of cricketers!
**CORONAVIRUS UPDATE – TUESDAY 27TH OCTOBER**
Following a successful launch of the Pre Christmas Pride of Lions programme we are now offering courses from January to March for boys and girls in reception at school all the way through to year 11. Please note that our courses will be able to continue across all of the COVID Tier 1-3 restrictions as indoor sport for U18s is exempt from the restrictions as things stand.
As part of our commitment to ensuring the safety of our players, parents and coaches we have made a number of adaptations to the programme which will stay in place for the Christmas Holiday and Post Christmas courses and these include:
- Smaller group sizes
- Target coaching ratios of 1:5
- Shorter session times (reduced by 15 minutes) to enable safe drop off and pick up
- Adapted sessions to help manage social distancing and kit sharing where possible
- New sanitisation protocols in line with ECB & government guidance
If you have any further questions please email Katie Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pride of Lions Team
The Surrey Cricket Foundation offers coaching throughout the year for boys and girls in Reception to Year 11 at multiple locations across Surrey and South London with the aim of inspiring a lifelong passion for the game. Focusing on developing a range of core cricketing skills in a fun, challenging and exciting environment, each course will help your child to develop their game, whether a beginner or seasoned player.
Our core programme takes place from September to March across 8 venues ensuring that wherever you are based, there will be a Pride of Lions course local to you. In addition to this, we run holiday courses during Easter, May half-term and the summer school holidays. We also run courses on the famous Kia Oval outfield to give your child an experience they will never forget.
The courses form part of Surrey County Cricket Club’s Performance Pathway with the most talented children being identified to move across into Performance courses and in some cases County Age Group cricket. We have a number of graduates from the programme who now play for Surrey such as Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Ryan Patel and Arun Harinath. So who knows? Your son or daughter could go on to play for Surrey as a result of attending a Pride of Lions course.
Available to book now:
• Christmas Courses – With Christmas just around the corner our full day courses at the Kia Oval and Surrey Cricket Centre in Guildford are a great way for the kids (in Years 2-6) to expend some energy ahead of the visit from Father Christmas! They also act as an ideal opportunity for parents to escape for some last minute Christmas shopping! The sessions are aimed at all abilities and will cover a range of skills and small sided games aimed at developing skills and maximising enjoyment!
• Post Christmas 10 Week Courses – Our 10 week Post Christmas courses are open to boys and girls of all abilities in Reception to Year 11 at school. The programme forms part of the Surrey Player Pathway with players identified to be put forward to Performance assessments where appropriate. The courses will be working on a 1 to 5 coach to player ratio this winter with all players in Year 2 upwards receiving an end of programme report. We run the programme in venues across Surrey (Kia Oval, Guildford, Ewell, Farnham, Wallington, Leatherhead, Reigate and Cobham and there will be some adaptations this winter due to the ongoing pandemic (detailed above). Most of all the courses aim to deliver a fun and challenging environment in which our young aspiring cricketers can develop.
• Post Christmas 10 Week Pro Package Courses – The Pro Package course aims to bridge the gap between group coaching and 1 to 1 coaching through its fantastic coach to player ratios and is available for boys and girls in Years 7-11. With 4 coaches and 16 players the course will enable lots of small group coaching sessions to take place. During the course all players will receive a log book where they (and the coaches) can track their progress towards their own specific goals as players. Players will also benefit from 1-2-1 mini sessions during the programme as well as video feedback on performance. This is a great course for players really interested in developing their own games ahead of the 2021 season!
If you would like more information about the courses please contact Katie Baker by email or on 0207 820 4190.