Pride of Lions coaching courses: Inspiring a new generation of cricketers!
**COURSE UPDATE – THURSDAY 8TH JULY 2021**
We are excited to announce the launch of our hallowed turf coaching courses which are due take place on the outfield at the Kia Oval later this month with further sessions then taking place on 18th September. With courses available for boys and girls in the school years 4 to 9, each session will offer your child the chance to emulate their heroes as they develop their cricket skills on the same ground that will be graced by star players for Surrey, England and the international game over the next three months.
For more information, please find the course details listed at the bottom of this page.
As part of our commitment to ensuring the safety of players, parents and coaches we have made a number of adaptations to our programme which will stay in place whilst coronavirus restrictions remain and these include:
- Smaller group sizes
- Target coaching ratios of 1:7
- Adapted sessions to help manage social distancing and kit sharing where possible
- New sanitisation protocols in line with ECB & government guidance
If you have any further questions please email Dan Brimson on email@example.com.
Pride of Lions Team
The Pride of Lions programme provided by Surrey Cricket Foundation offers coaching throughout the year for boys and girls in reception to year 11 at multiple locations across Surrey and South London with the aim of inspiring a lifelong passion for the game. Focusing on developing a range of core cricketing skills in a fun, challenging and exciting environment, each course will help your child to develop their game, whether they are a beginner or seasoned player.
Our core programme takes place from September to March across 8 venues ensuring that wherever you are based, there will be a Pride of Lions course local to you. In addition to this, we run holiday courses during February half term, Easter, May half-term and the summer school holidays. We also run courses on the famous Kia Oval outfield to give your child an experience they will never forget.
The courses form part of Surrey County Cricket Club’s Performance Pathway with the most talented children being identified to move across into Performance courses and in some cases County Age Group cricket. We have a number of graduates from the programme who now play for Surrey such as Rory Burns, Ollie Pope, Ryan Patel and Arun Harinath. So who knows? Your son or daughter could go on to play for Surrey as a result of attending a Pride of Lions course.
Pricing and Further Information
Our programmes are competitively priced with the cost for each of our courses set out below:
- Pre-Christmas 10-Week Programme (September to December): From £80
- Christmas Courses: £49 each
- Post-Christmas 10-Week Programme (January to March): From £80
- February Half Term: £35 per session
- Easter: £25 per session
- May Half Term: £49 for each half day course
- Summer Holiday Training Camps: £70 to £140
- Hallowed Turf Sessions (hosted on the Oval outfield): From £50
To ensure the safety of your child, our reception and year 1 and year 2 & 3 age groups are taught using soft balls. By doing this, players can hit significantly more balls during each session compared to those delivered using hard balls which would take place in nets. Generally, hard balls are introduced to sessions at the year 4, 5 and 6 age group but our coaches will assess the players and those not considered ready will not start training with hard balls. Any children who are not considered ready to participate in hard ball training will continue to take part in all aspects of the sessions (including cricket nets) but will do so with soft balls being used.
Available to book now:
• August Summer Camps – Our two-day and four-day August summer camps are taking place at Surrey Cricket Centre (based at George Abbot School) in Guildford and for the first time Feltonfleet School in Cobham. With each day of coaching lasting from 9am to 3pm, there is time for our experienced and enthusiastic coaches to cover a broad range of activities linked to batting, bowling and fielding.
With courses available for children in the school years 2 to 9, while the majority of sessions are open to both boys and girls, we are excited to be hosting a girls-only programme at Feltonfleet School on Monday 2nd and Tuesday 3rd August. If your daughter aspires to be the next Hannah Jones or Nat Sciver, this could be the course for you! *SOLD OUT*
Hallowed Turf Coaching Sessions: These three-hour coaching courses are due to take place on the outfield at the iconic Kia Oval this summer with sessions available for boys and girls in the school years 4 to 9. Each course with cover a range of games and activities and your child will have the opportunity to experience playing on the same field that will host Surrey home games, matches during the inaugural season of ‘The Hundred’ and a Test match against India over the next few months.
• Pre-Christmas 10-Week Courses – Our ten-week pre-Christmas courses are open to boys and girls of all abilities in the school years reception to year 11. Each course will cover a range of core skills with sessions delivered in a fun and challenging environment which will help young aspiring cricketers to develop. The courses will be working on a 1 to 7 coach to player ratio this winter with all players in year 2 and older receiving an end of programme report. We offer courses across Surrey (Kia Oval, Guildford, Ewell, Farnham, Wallington, Leatherhead, Reigate and Cobham) while the programme forms part of the Surrey player pathway with players identified to be put forward to performance assessments where appropriate.
Pre-Christmas 10 Week Pro Package Courses – The pro package courses aim to bridge the gap between group and 1 to 1 coaching through their fantastic coach to player ratios and are available for boys and girls in years 7-11. With 4 coaches and 16 players, the set up of each course will enable lots of small group coaching sessions to take place. During the course all players will receive a logbook where they (and their coaches) can track their progress towards their own specific goals as players. Players will also benefit from 1-2-1 mini sessions during the programme as well as video feedback on performance. This is a great course for players interested in developing their own games ahead of the 2022 season!
If you would like more information about the courses please contact Dan Brimson by email or on 07702 908 194.